The Inner Limbs of Yoga: From Pranayama to Meditation
As the practitioner follows the path of Yoga, the fascinating universe of the inner world, the subtle human being: The vital energy (prana), and the deep and mysterious mental world (citta) gradually open before them.
In this immersion, we will travel to this universe using the ancient tools of the science of our vital force – Pranayama – and the science of our mind – Meditation – often through the prism of modern science. We will study the basic Pranayama techniques from the ancient tradition of Hatha Yoga, and we will get acquainted with the most common meditation methods, while consciously walking the exciting yogic path to the Heart of Existence.
This immersion, which is part of the Advanced Yoga 500hr Teacher Training Course is a theoretical and practical study of one the most important texts in Yoga tradition, Hatha Yoga Pradipika.
The immersion is certified by Yoga Alliance USA, in the “Continuing Education” category.
🔸This immersion is addressed to experienced practitioners who wish to explore the ancient tradition of Hatha Yoga and get inspired from it, and to certified yoga teachers who wish to advance their teaching skills.
- Prana – the Vital Energy. Its manifestation as breathing. Respiratory physiology and the role of the diaphragm
- Subtle anatomy: Nadi – Chakra – Kundalini Shakti – Ida, Pingala and Sushumna Nadi. Their relation to the Cerebral Hemispheres and the Sympathetic / Parasympathetic Nervous System. The “currents” of Manifestation and Liberation in the human being
- Abdominal – Chest – Clavicular Breathing – Complete Yogic Breathing and Variations
- Meditation techniques with breathing
- The Bandha: Mula Bandha, Uddiyana Bandha, Jalandhara Bandha
- The basic method of Samavritti Pranayama
- Nadi Shodhana – Surya Bhedhana Pranayama – Ujjayi Pranayama
- Bhramari Pranayama and Meditation techniques on the subtle centers of the head
- Sitkari – Shitali Pranayamas
- The technique of Kapalabhati
- Mantras and Mantra Meditation
- Pranayama types for the center of our power (Agni Sara – Agni Sadhana) and related Meditation techniques
- Bhastrika Pranayama
- Meditation techniques in the Center of the Heart
- Basic instructions for practicing Pranayama in a Yoga class. Pranayama types, special recommendations for special categories of practitioners (beginners, pregnant women, etc.) and contraindications
Nancy Hitzanidou (Yoga Alliance E-RYT® 500, YACEP®, qualification: Yoga Philosophy and Meditation)
🔺The immersion will be carried out online via Zoom.