200hr Yoga Teacher Training Course // 2019-20
The training program is internationally recognized by Yoga Alliance USA (RYS200).
Hatha, Vinyasa Flow, Dharma Mittra Yoga, Restorative Yoga, Therapeutic Elements Yoga
Anahata Yoga Academy is organizing a full training program with more than 200 hours of training for students who want to delve into the practice and teaching of yoga. It is a program inspired by the traditional yoga of India (Hatha-Raja Yoga) in combination with yoga in the western world and the 21st century. During the training, we will study a wide range of topics such as Ayurveda, a balanced diet, therapeutic yoga approach, history and philosophy of yoga and the technique of meditation. For each of the four sections of the training, we have chosen the most qualified teachers in each subject, with the aim our students to enjoy the benefits of a proper, integrated training.
*** Each student can choose either the overall curriculum of 200 hours or parts depending on their needs. ***
- This educational program is intended for dedicated practitioners of yoga, ready to deepen their practice and teaching of yoga.
- Completed registration form (download the application form)
- Personal contact with the director of the program
- Certification by a General Physician or Cardiologist which allows the trainee to practice any kind of physical exercise yoga valid for 2019/2020.
1. Yoga Foundation Immersion
The first section is an introduction to the practice and teaching of yoga, as well as the philosophical and therapeutic yoga approach.
In more detail:
- Practice and analysis of yogic postures (Asana)
- Practice and analysis of breathing techniques (Pranayama)
- Practice and analysis of techniques of relaxation and meditation
- Practice of Traditional Hatha Yoga, Vinyasa Flow Yoga, Therapeutic Yoga, Dharma Yoga, Restorative Yoga
- Practice and Learning of how to use Yoga aids (Yoga Props such as belts, blocks, pillows)
- Mantra & Japa Yoga
- Experiential Games
- Practice in yoga classes (5 hours)
- Attendance of yoga classes (5 hours)
- Introduction to the history of yoga
- The types of yoga
- Hatha Yoga basic systems
- History of yoga
- Study and analysis of yogic texts, such as Yoga Sutra and Bhagavad Gita
- Basic principles in teaching yoga
- Basic principles of body alignment
- Preparing a yoga class – general remarks
- Creation of lesson plan
- Yoga as recovery
- Food and health
- Introduction to Ayurveda
- Introduction to meditation
- Introduction to the Chakras
- The importance of personal practice (sadhana)
- Fundamentals of anatomy
- Fundamentals of physiology
- Fundamentals of kinesiology
- Anatomy of yoga
- Reflections on Yoga Sutra
- Free Subject on yoga
2. Therapeutic Elements Yoga Immersion
The second training module deepens on the yoga elements therapeutic approach.
More specifically, it includes:
- Body Reading- Observation- Individual evaluation
- Joints biomechanics- Anatomy of motion
- Alignment principles- Corrections –Mobilization of natural body
- Understanding the therapeutic effect of asana in the physiology of the human body
- Musculoskeletal disorders such as cervical syndrome, lumbago, arthritis and chondromalacia, scoliosis, kyphosis, lordosis, chronic fatigue syndrome, etc.
- Rheumatic diseases, such as rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis
- Νeurological disorders such as Parkinson’s disease, multiple sclerosis
- Chronic pain and chronic diseases, which are due to psychological causes (mental diseases, neoplastic diseases)
- Special populations such as the elderly and the period of pregnancy
3. Yoga Philosophy and Meditation Immersion
The third training module is a journey to the rich and deep tradition of Yoga, where we will draw inspiration from ancient hymns of the Vedas and Upanishads, we will deepen the study of the superb Bhagavad Gita, the famous treatise on the application of divine knowledge in everyday life through Yoga, and we will focus on the path of Classical Yoga (Patanjali ashtanga Yoga), as explained by the great sage Patanjali in Yoga Sutra. Our journey will conclude with an introduction to the philosophy of Advaita Vedanta, and the colourful world of Tantra, where the spiritual path is experienced in everyday life.
During our study, a comprehensive overview of the history of yoga will be made, reaching from the oldest (Vedic period) to the most recent historical manifestations (Tantra Yoga, Hatha Yoga, Modern Yoga), while our comrades to the approach of every philosophical current, will be different expressions of yoga meditation.
There will be a study and analysis of the following texts:
- Excerpts from the Vedas and Upanishads (Nasadiya-sûkta, Isha, Katha, Brihadaranyaka, Chandogya Upanishads)
- Bhagavad Gita
- Yoga Sutra of Patanjali
4. Teaching Yoga Methodology Immersion
The fourth training module deepens the teaching of yoga, as well as more advanced asana, pranayama and meditation techniques.
More specifically, it includes:
- Advanced Asana practices
- Advanced Pranayama and Kriya practices
- Teaching Asana, Pranayama, Kriya
- Techniques of deep relaxation and meditation
- Introduction to the teaching of Yoga Nidra
- Teaching Corrections / Remarks (Hands-On Adjustments)
- Practice of corrections / Remarks
- The art of observation
- The use of the voice, the touch and the attitude of a yoga teacher
- Sequencing / Creating Flow (Vinyasa)
- Teaching in small groups
- Balanced nutrition
- The 5 Koshas
- Experiential games
- The teaching of yoga as a profession
Karma Yoga Project
In the context of integrated training that we offer, our students have the opportunity to come into contact in practice with the essence of Karma Yoga, presenting at the end of the training a KARMA YOGA PROJECT of their own choice.
During the training, students have the opportunity to make personal meetings with all of our training team members for any questions, clarifications and discussion.
Practice and Attendance on classes
The trainees must attend a specific number of yoga classes at Anahata Yoga Studio for practice and for observation. The cost of these classes is included in the total fee of the Teacher Training Program.
Students who successfully attend the entire training program (200 hours of training), fulfilling all the tasks, compulsory attendance and practices, are certified as yoga teachers by Anahata Yoga Academy and can teach in Greece and abroad. If they wish, they can make their registration at the International Yoga Alliance USA Organization as Yoga Alliance RYT 200.
The cost includes the training manual of 200hr Yoga Teacher Training Course, the necessary practices and attendance in the classes of Anahata Yoga Studio, mentoring, audio-visual material, written and oral exams, all study texts of Yoga Philosophy Immersion, notes of Yoga Anatomy.
- Advance payments are not refundable.
- In case of cancellation up to one month prior to the beginning of the training, the entire amount of money is refunded, except for the deposit.
- In case of cancellation less than a month before the training, the amount of money is non-refundable.